Sunday, July 22, 2012

Unfavorable Comments Disappear on Facebook



In response to her spotlight statement about feeding the animals, Ms. Mercer in part wrote the following in the comments of her Facebook page, July 16 at 12:43pm · Edited:
"It is ironic that the left go on a "feeding frenzy" when they see a comment that they can spin and put their own analogy into it. The comment does not compare people on food stamps to wild animals. As I read it, it addresses an issue in which we need to focus on instead of useless rhetoric. I am for creating jobs by allowing those who create jobs do so in a speedy manner not having to wait months or even years to be able to offer jobs to people in the community. Rosemont Copper Mine is a perfect example."

Apparently the IRONY of her using the phrase "feeding frenzy" in relation to a post about "feeding the animals" was lost on her. That aside, her comment here, to me, displays a lack of understanding about the response she received. I guess reasonable disgust in such an outlandish statement is "an analogy" worthy of "spin". I am surprised she didn't use the term "they"  ... oh wait, she did ... 

I had posted a few comments on Mercer's Facebook page in response to some of her postings, on or around July 16 and I seem to have struck a chord. She or her camp selectively removed the comments, then quickly banned me as spam. Fortunately the comments are preserved in my Facebook Activity Log, and I offer one of them to you now as proof that Ms. Mercer is engaged in filtering speech that is not to her liking. Is this the America she is promoting? 
Tuscon attorneys Goldman and Goldman state, "by censoring detractors and fact checkers, [Gabriela Saucedo Mercer's] actionsdemonstrate that she is undeniably unprepared to be a congresswoman and deal with individuals who disagree with her or protect our constitutional right to free speech."
Here is one of the posts she deleted ... it was my last and seems to have touched a nerve, in response to the above, because it was promptly removed:

"Additionally, you are emboldened by the Rosemont Copper Mine, touting it as a benefit to the community. You would like to bypass the safeguards demanded by the EPA to protect ... forget the environment ... the local WATER SUPPLY to "create jobs". How many jobs do the executives at Augusta Resource claim to be creating, Ms. Saucedo Mercer? And when (not if) I look into how many campaign dollars flow your way from Augusta Resource, what will I find?"

Augusta Resource is the parent company of the Rosemont Copper Mine ... I looked that up. I also went on to look into her connection with the Rosemont Copper Mine at OpenSecrets.org, and discovered they are indeed a contributor to her campaign to the tune of $4000 (reported) dollars, and Augusta Resource donated an additional $3,500. Interesting, eh? Not even elected yet and already doing the bidding of the Corporatocracy. It should be evident from this that she didn't like where I was going with this and attempted to shut me up ... She succeeded in removing me from her Facebook page but not from the universe. I am here, and I am planning on continuing ...



Visit Open Secrets yourself here: http://www.opensecrets.org/races/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=AZ03

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment, but please maintain a civil tongue. Obscene posts will be archived and then deleted from this site.