Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mercer Facebook comments vanish

Gabriela Saucedo Mercer has made a bold new statement where she claims that Middle Eastern people have only one "goal in life ...  to cause harm to the United States. So, why do we want them here either legally or illegally?”

As you can imagine, there has been a lot of responses on her Facebook page. I've copied and pasted them here because she or her staff routinely eliminate opposing comments. These listed here no longer exist on her page - They've all been removed. A casual scroll through her Facebook comments and you realize they all say "congrats" or "go gaby" and not a single one is in opposition to, or even questions, her extreme views.  It is a tactic shared by the cult of ZAP, and one that would make Joseph Goebbels proud.

See current examples of her censorship here. Also see The Goldman Immigration Blog where Tuscon attorneys Goldman and Goldman state, "by censoring detractors and fact checkers, her actions demonstrate that she is undeniably unprepared to be a congresswoman and deal with individuals who disagree with her or protect our constitutional right to free speech."

===

Kristen Friddle Hamilton Nice to see that Gabby deleted the comments by trolls and idiots. Her page is for those who support her - the rest have no business here rabble-rousing. Good on you, Gabby! You have our support, Dear Lady! ;-)

Hey, remember when they did this to Hispanics/Latinos-Latinas? That's that full-circle racism you got there. Nice.


Ignorance + Fear = Gabriela Saucedo Mercer

Sad to see such hatred and racism in 2012. Shame on you and I truly hope you find courage, peace, compassion, and love in your heart really soon. Also, if you have nothing positive to add to the world, please stop wasting our time. Please educate yourself so you don't make anymore ignorant, embarrassing comments.
You're a pathetic human being, if I can even grant you the privilege of being a human being. You can try as hard as you'd like to be a WASP, but you can never escape your heritage you lowlife. 
The American Muslim Youth Leadership (AMYL) Council Condemns your statement toward "Middle Easterners" and Belive someone such as yourself should NOT be in congress!!! 
Kathy Jo Fowler  
What a sad state the "United" States is in. We have the Right against the Left, Straights against Gays, Blacks against Whites, gun owners against non-gun owners, rich against poor, churches picketing soldiers funerals, mass shooting happening way to often, homeless and uninsured growing by the day and the list goes on. Now the fight is over a chicken sandwich. If you like Chick Fil A ..eat there..if you don't like it don't but for God's sake we need prayer's of unity for this country not division of differences. What an example we are setting for the children. Next we will have people posting pictures of themselves holding the confederate flag as they shout it is my First Amendment right. ...so heartbreaking to see adults acting like this.
Senora Mercer, I recently watched and read an article on an interview you gave to the Western Free Press (thanks for sharing Tyrone Thomas). I normally do not care about these things but since you chose to represent Latinos in your statement I have to make one remark, Please stop. Your comments were ignorant at the very least, let alone racially charged. I remember how difficult it was just 30 years ago for Latinos in this country and so should you. I am not screaming obscenities or anything of the sort. I am only asking that if you have any consideration for all of the immigrants that came to this country and struggled to make a life for us you would use your position to promote synergy versus regurgitating the invalid comments that you chose to share with the world. At the least represent Latinos as educated and understanding, not simple and eager to please. Thank you
"You emit a foul and unpleasant odor!...You are a piece of crap!...I loathe you!"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/29/arizona-republican-middle-easterners-look-mexican-and-want-to-cause-harm/
Dear Ms. Mercer, your racist and hateful ideas against people who happen to be born in a certain region of the word is a disgrace to the Republican party and the Latino community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUXiCjyGPbk&feature=player_embedded
Wow, Gaby...did you forget about the middle easterner who died on the cross around your neck? I'd be praying for the ability to live out His words if I were you.
Tim Rafferty   
Gabriela, With all due respect, now it is time to STOP with all the quotes from dead people and start telling us what you are going to do if elected and why the communist should be defeated. No more quotes, they don't help you get votes.
Hardik Gogri  
You are a hateful bigot and you should be ashamed of your self 
Stu Tribbs  
Is cognitive dissonance even a Thing that members of your party can feel, Ms. Saucedo? You sure got yours though, fuck everyone else, am I right??
You know, you're not giving the community a good name with those type of comments you made. I hope that if you misspoke on the issue, then you would have at least taken the time to clarify what you meant, but so far no answer.

Assuming you misspoke (and/or failed to correct your statements), then I highly recommend for you to not run for office. They can follow you and bite you where the sun don't shine.

Assuming you didn't say anything by mistake, then I hope you lose; you don't represent the "pro" in "Pro-America". Speaking of which, you're supposed to be a professional and you're not acting like one; if I were your boss, you'd be looking to inquire for unemployment benefits by now.
Are you serious lady your a disgrace to all Latinos you are Saucedo isn't that a latino name
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/az-republican-we-dont-want-middle-easterners-here/


tampa.cbslocal.com
Republican efforts to promote hatred across racial and religious lines are heating up this electoral season. They have found a new warrior to promote the cause in Arizona, Gabriela Saucedo Mercer. Mercer has questioned whether Middle Easterners should be in the US

You know Gabby, you talk about all these immigrants that are filled with hate, but the one that I see that's so filled with this hate is YOU. Maybe you need to go back to where you came from and learn some manners. We really don't need people filled with hate moving here. We need people who are filled with love and hope and wanting to do good for themselves and everyone around them. You wonder why people are cringing the world over every time you speak? It's because you embarrass them when you say you are an American. I don't know anyone that thinks that you represent us in any way but bad. You are not Pro jobs, family, or America. You are Pro-hate, pro-no taxes, pro-blame the other guy, and pro-theocracy for America. As I can see, there is a lot more anger than love being directed at you here, does that tell you anything. Don't bother sending me another private message. I know you don't like me already. You've banned all my friends. Truth hurts, huh.

Dear Gabriela,
I just want to let you know that I am Middle Eastern and most commonly mistaken as a Mexican due to my dark skin. I was born in this country. I bleed red, white and blue. I would die for my country in a heartbeat. I want to know where you were born. Sources tell me Mexico. If my facts are indeed correct and my hypothesis of your distinct accent suggests, you indeed are merely a naturalized citizen of the great United States of America. Some would say I am more American than you, some would say were are equivalently so. I, myself, would agree with the latter of the two statements. Why? Because country was founded on such values. On top of being a Middle Eastern, whom of which both my parents immigrated to this country (like yourself) for better opportunities, I am also a Muslim. Do I want to hurt this country? Do I want to harm people? Because I own a prayer rug and have a copy of the Quran on my iPhone and on my desk next to my Macbook, does that make me an enemy of the state? No. In your eyes and from the words off of your tongue. Yes. What of Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing? James Holmes of Aurora, Colorado? The shooter of the Sikh temple in Wisconsin? Virginia Tech? Columbine? Are they too Muslim and Middle Eastern, dark skinned or even Chinese? No. I went to high school with an 80% Mexican student population in San Jose, California. Most born here, some were immigrants. Did any of them think ill of me or the other some 80+ Muslim students? No. We were normal students: played football, went to the mall and did our homework. So why so much hate? Back to my main concern, what makes gives you the right to say people of a certain background (race, ethnicity or religion) only strive to hurt people in our country, especially when this country (some would say) is more so our country since we were born on this soil, as opposed to those who moved here?

Just some 'food for thought'. I hope you get to read this before it is removed from you page.
Irregardless, I thank you for your time.
-Zee
9 hours ago
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment, but please maintain a civil tongue. Obscene posts will be archived and then deleted from this site.